Monday, March 14, 2011

Ballerina Tutu Bag

A few years ago a friend of mine was telling me about a bag she saw at one of her daughter Maya's ballet classes and after describing it to me she asked if I thought I could make it. I thought sure, I wish I had been able to look at the bag in person to get a better idea of what I would be making but she told me it was a bag that essentially looked like a little ballerina leotard with a tutu. With that description I set out to make a bag for Maya that looked like the one they had seen. My first attempt, I thought was very successful and it was wrapped up and delivered to cute little Maya for her birthday, never to be thought of again.  Fast forward to last week when I was cleaning/organizing  my stash and I came across 2 extra outer pieces I had cut for the bag and I remembered oh, that was a cute bag, I should make another one and blog about it so that is what I am doing.

I am sorry I don't have the time to write up a tutorial and post a pattern right now, we have a huge surprise brewing at our house this week that has taken up most of my time but I will if there is enough interest. So leave me  a comment if you would like a tutorial and I will contact you when it is ready or better yet, become a follower and then you will be sure not to miss it when it is done. Stop back by on Wednesday if you want to know what our super huge surprise is, there are a few crafts that are associated with it. Trust me it is a big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment