Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cleaning out Crafting Supplies



My crafting supplies are out of control so while I was crafting today I decided to try and use up some of the supplies in my desk that have been sitting there for quite a while (some a couple of years). I came up with this necklace which is funny because I don't wear jewelry though I keep telling myself I need to try and wear it, it just feels odd when I do and I just end up fidgeting with it which is never a good thing. Is wearing jewelry something that you eventually just get used to or does my uncomfortableness with it just mean I am not a jewelry person, who knows, it was still fun to create and I am sure I can find someone to give it to if I don't use it.


The supplies I used included faux pearls (bought to add to a wreath that I ended up not using) pendant (bought to add as a decoration on a handbag I was going to make but never did) ribbon (left over from who knows what project) and a sewing needle (a staple in the crafting supplies.)


First I measured the ribbon to the length I wanted and strung the pendant to the half way point. I then strung one pearl onto both sides of the ribbon.


Next, I measured 2 inches above the pendant on each side of the ribbon and tied a knot. Then I strung a pearl on both sides and tied another knot above the pearl to hold the pearl in place. Continue with this pattern on each side of the ribbon until you have filled it up. At this point you could add a clasp if you had one, I did not so I just tied a bow.


Finally, if you are me, go and try to enjoy your new necklace, or let it sit in your jewelery box which is probably what will happen with this baby.

3 comments:

  1. For such a pretty necklace - it's a shame for it to sit in the jewellry box! Go on...wear it!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute necklace! Thanks for linking up with me last week!

    ReplyDelete