Friday, July 22, 2011

Smurf-day Party



Surprise, I am back!! I haven't blogged for a while, I apologize but sometimes life gets in the way and you have more important stuff to do like go camping with your family and play with your kids, it is summer after all and having fun is what it is all about. My daughter is turning 8 soon so we have begun planning and preparing for her party. She asked to have a Smurf  theme birthday and since the new movie is coming out around the same time, I thought it was a great idea and we ran with it. By the way please excuse the awful photos...my husband is in China at the moment and he took my camera with him which left me with the camera on my phone which is just awful.

Here is a little sneak peak at her invitations. Aren't they cute. I made them with the Silhouette craft cutter using their nifty little trace feature. I simply found an image of Smurfette on the Internet and saved it to my computer, then opened it up in the Silhouette program told the program to trace the image and then got to work separating all the pieces into which color to cut them out of. (I supposed I could have used the print and cut feature also but I haven't quite figured that one out yet.)


Here are all the pieces for Smurfette and a few photos of her assembly along the way.

Stay tuned for more decorations from the upcoming party...you could also wish me luck since we will be having our first sleep over party with 8, 8 year-old girls, oh the thought makes me cringe. I hate sleep overs, I always have even as a child but for some reason my children love them.

1 comment: