Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kids can be an Author and an Illustrator

The kids had an extra long weekend because of President's Day which means a lot of questions like, "What can I do, I am bored?" Out comes the art supplies which sometimes means a few minutes of crafting and sometimes means a few hours, this time it meant a few hours with the outcome of a few very cute books.
                        

For inspiration, we used Ed Emberley's Fingerprint Drawing Book. We absolutely love this book and it get used often. This book also makes a great gift when packaged with a multi-colored stamp pad and a sketch pad, a go to gift in our house if we don't have time to make a handmade gift.


My daughter used her "em-agination" much more than I did and chose to write a couple of original stories "Little, Little Elephant" and "Mouse Visits the Circus" (still a work in progress), I simply chose to illustrate one of my kids favorite little poems "5 Little Monkeys". If your kids are bored, encourage them to write and illustrate their own books, you might be surprised by what they come up with. Here are the books we came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment